Wilderness Survival Advanced
Looking to test your skills before building new ones? Then the Advanced offering is of our Wilderness Survival line is for you! Get a real world assessment of where you stand by spending your first night in the woods with as much or as little assistance from our Instructors as you want. Afterwards, you’ll receive all the education you need to come back alive.All course attendees receive:
OGC Wilderness Survival: Advanced (WS-A) Certificate
Free Fire Starter Flint
MEALS PROVIDED! (Outside Food/Drink Permitted)
GAP Qualifying: YES
Skill Focus: Individual Mindset and Mechanics
Delivery: Campus or MTT
Target Audience: Any outdoors enthusiast – hikers, camper, skiers, hunters, photographers, etc.
Age Limit: 12+ to Attend Alone or w/ Parent or Guardian
Course Length: 3 day/2 night | Outdoors – 48hrs
Activity Level: Moderate
Timeline: 6:00PM Day 1 – 6:00PM Day 3
Class Size: 1-20
$450.00 SEE OUR CURRENT SPECIALS BELOW!
Survival Shelter & Knots
Traps & Snares
Game Kill – Demo
Knife & Tool Care
Search & Rescue
Survival Living SitePlus Multiple HANDS ON Practical Exercises!
• Water bottle or Camelbak type hydration system
• Quality fixed-blade knife w/ belt mounted sheath*
• Knife sharpener (any handheld style)
• 100 feet of 550 cord or similar
• Snare wire
• Compass (1 per group)
• 2 clear trash bags
• Rite-in-the-Rain or similar notepad
• Work style gloves
• Clear lens eye protection
• Metal canteen style cup (will be put in a camp fire!)*
• Minimal personal hygiene items (tooth brush, deodorant, etc.)
• Sunscreen (as necessary)
• Bug spray
• 3 sets of comfortable outdoor clothing, weather appropriate (including socks)
• 1 pair old sneakers/running shoes (will be worn during the water crossing!)
• Large towel
• Closed toe shoes
*Items may be borrowed from OGC.
**All quantities are listed Per Person unless otherwise stated.